Friday, November 2, 2018

Project Selection- Magazine

Print Journalism


The aspects of journalism I feel i would enjoy the most is gathering the information on stories and finding multiple sources to confirm the story is correct. I am a very organized person, so i would love to do the layouts of the magazine while my other partners may get the information for their part of the project. However, my weak points are that I do not read magazines and I do not know much of any drama going around in the media business. I mainly pay attention to sports, so i would either have to do this project on my own or find others that are interested in doing a magazine on sports. I would like to be able to sit down at a table and discuss the stories we have and how credible they are, like in the TV show "HBO Newsroom". The most challenging issue I may have is finding time to meet up with the others to provide help in the project as I have work and games outside of school hours. Another challenge might be interpreting everyone's desires into the magazine, as some topics are not as credible or important as another one may be. In "HBO Newsroom" Will and the EP would discuss the topics they want to cover on that night and i feel like in my group, that would work better as well so we know what sources to find and figure out on our own which one is the most credible for each section. 

No comments:

Post a Comment